Is your hotel “behind the curve” regarding amenities and services that are now expected to support top rates? Are you losing business because of external corridors or inadequate safety features? Does a change in Franchise affiliation require major physical changes?
Among the changes in guestroom and hotel design that are driving many renovations:
- Better beds and bedding, in both comfort and quality of material.
- Televisions set atop low-lying dresser drawers or cabinets, replacing the traditional armoire or televisions mounted on the walls of hotel rooms to take advantage of their space-saving design.
- Adoption of local themes in exterior architecture, public space décor and restaurant themes (particularly in the upscale and upper-upscale hotels).
- High speed internet access based on comments from an increasing number of guests expressing this as an important amenity.
- Electronic “function boards” and directories and generally better signage.
- Whatever your property’s needs, JHS is ready to assist in planning and implementation of your hotel renovation project.